Author: Trina
•10:49 AM

It is so easy to get discouraged and overwhelmed. Perhaps that is why I cherished this Christmas season so much. Out of financial necessity and spiritual desire, our focus this year was on simplicity and priority in our holiday festivities. The result was a profound depth and enjoyment of family connections and renewal of our tired souls.












I am so thankful for the wise and inspired leaders in our church. Elder Uchtdorf has been a breath of fresh, hopeful air. His faith and authoritative positivity are contagious. This morning, I read one of his messages and, as is usually the case when I listen to the whisperings of the Spirit, it was just what I needed.

He reminds us that some of the most trial-filled times in our lives can also be some of the most testimony-building if we are willing to consistently and regularly seek the Lord.

"The Lord has blessed you with a testimony of the truth. You have felt His influence and witnessed His power. And if you continue to seek Him, He will continue to grant you sacred experiences. With these and other spiritual gifts, you will be able not only to change your own life for the better but also to bless your homes, wards or branches, communities, cities, states, and nations with your goodness.

It may be hard to see that at times, but hold on a little longer, for 'eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him' and wait for Him (1 Corinthians 2:9; see also D&C 76:10; 133:45)" (Dieter F. Uchtdorf, “Hold on a Little Longer,” Liahona, Jan 2010, 4–8).

Hold on a little longer. Yes. He says, "You can do this!" I love that. We CAN do this. "You have a celestial pedigree and therefore have all the necessary talents to make your life an eternal success story." If I think of my life in those terms, then all of the little annoyances of the day seem to lessen and the demands seem to lighten. That is what we are after in our family - an eternal success story. All the rest is just details.


|
This entry was posted on 10:49 AM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: